Pressure Washing (my new love)

My new favorite thing is pressure washing. I absolutely love it. I love it so much that we actually bought one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first experience with pressure washing was when we were planning to have Margot’s 1st Birthday Party on our beautiful patio, but I just couldn’t stand the site of our fence…it was green with mildew!!!

So we rented a pressure washer for the day and we pressure washed the entire fence, cement slab, house, sidewalk…EVERYTHING!

Everything looked so clean…and then it rained all day every day for 22 days and every other day after that (gotta love summertime in Florida). All the rain caused our patio to get quite dirty/mildewy/moldy.

We didn’t even want to go outside because it looked so scary, not that we could go outside anyways because summer in Florida means lots and lots of rain and very very hot.

Anyways…this past weekend we decided it was time to get everything cleaned up because patio weather is almost here! We looked on CraigsList for a used pressure washer, but then opted to just buy a brand new one because we need something good and reliable. Saturday afternoon Graham came home with our pressure washer and it was easily top 5 greatest days of my life (his too). Before I knew it he was outside pressure washing all the dirt and grim away.

You’re probably speechless just like I was when I saw the amazing difference. Now we need to seal this puppy before it gets like that again!

A Horse with No Hair

One of our friends found a wood rocking horse that would be perfect for Margot. We were told it was an antique-y looking horse but it was cute and FREE! This was all the info we needed, we now NEEDED to have that horse.

I wish I had a picture of the horse when we first got it. The hair was very matted and a little scary looking. Margot found it especially scary and wouldn’t even look at it. If she did sneak a peek she’d start screaming. We immediately removed all the hair. Once the hair was gone, we couldn’t get her off the horse.

 

The horse is cute and all without hair, but I needed another project.

I checked out fabric stores trying to find just the right hair for this horse, but I couldn’t find any yarn that was thick enough. My brother happened to have a mop head lying around, it was exactly what I was looking for.

 

I used scissors and began cutting strands off the mop head. At this point I still wasn’t sure how I was going to make this work. But now I have a bunch of single strands of horse hair!

 

We decided to just glue the strands in. We filled the space where the old hair was with glue and then started inserting the mop strands. At first I thought it was a bad bad idea, but the more strands we added the better it started to look.

 

This is what the horse looked like after one layer of hair…pretty good, but not good enough.

 

The second layer we added was a little more difficult and required us to use a knife to push the strands deep into the groove. We then gave the horse a haircut…I LOVE IT!!!

 

The next step was adding a tail. We just cut some extra strands, put a rubber band around the ends and nailed it to the back of the horse.

Margot’s new horse is now complete!